Friday, December 7, 2012

You are such a better Christian than I am! What?


I'm having a good day today :-) I started thinking (as this blog tends to make me do) and I thought.. Why are we so hard on ourselves?

I think that "Sarah" is such a better Christian than I am! (not really because I don't know a Sarah that I can think of but bare with me.) She does her devotions every morning at 5am. before I could even begin to think of opening my eyes, much less formulating full thoughts.

or


I think that "Peggy" is such a better Christian that I am! She volunteers at the Food Bank each week and helps at the soup kitchen.

I think that "Mary" is better because she homeschools her children and somehow they all have clean clothes on every single time I see them

or I think that "Trish" is better because her husband is so loving and takes her out for a date night every Thursday!

Why do we do this to ourselves!?

Every single one of these fictitious people have struggles that we cannot see. I judge their outward appearance and/or actions against my hidden and/or secret ones. I see and think I know all. I have always been jealous of women who read the bible several times each day, pray with their family before bed and can quote you the bible in an instant. I'm not one of those women.

I have to decide how much I want to be so I can make a plan!

We must stop comparing our real and unmasked selves to the masks that we see around us each day.

You are loved!

2 comments:

  1. I do this, too! Constantly comparing myself to others-sometime to my good, sometimes to my detriment. Thankful that the Lord's lovingkindesses are new EVERY morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know.. I didn't think about the flip side. Guilty as well!

    ReplyDelete